Our research and development work is focus on solutions for user, applications and manufacturers of battery storage systems. Based on our competencies we are offering our research and development capabilities in the following areas:
- Development and parameterisation of simulation models on electrical and thermal performance of battery cells and battery systems for system design tools (e.g. Matlab) and for real-time simulations (e.g. hardware-in-the-loop systems)
- Investigations on ageing processes by laboratory exeriments supported by theoretical analysis and modelling
- Characterisation of batteries in a wide current and temperature range with regard to electrical performance and life time
- Investigations on charge acceptance, efficient charging procedures and refreshing of capacity
- Development of algorithms for on-board and real-time monitoring and diagnosis of state of charge, state of health and state of function
- Consultancy on the design of battery systems, integration into the application, appropriate charging regimes and chargers, as well as on suited monitoring and diagnosis concepts
- Analysis and reviews on failures of batteries and battery systems
- Development and supply with customised multi-channel impedance spectroscopes for batteries and fuel cells
- Preparation of pilot cells in the button cell size for the characterisation of new battery materials
- Development of mobile battery hardware simulators based on highly dynamic battery models and very compact power electronics
- Hardware for battery and fuel cell monitoring and diagnosis incl. measurements with high spatial resolution inside the cells
- Support of pilot and fleet projects by measurements in the field and in the laboratory ranging from technical questions to user interviews
We are at your disposal on the above mentioned topics for all kinds of battery technologies as well as for PEM and direct methanol fuel cells. On the pages Methods and competencies and Laboratory equipment you will find further information on our capabilities for the characterisation, improvement, modelling and diagnoses of batteries and energy storage systems.
If you are missing certain key words please do not hesitate to contact us at any time for detailed discussions.